HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Six Samurai (March)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

New Six Samurai (March) Empty
PostSubject: New Six Samurai (March)   New Six Samurai (March) Icon_m11Sun May 12, 2013 12:46 pm
Hi, I've updated my Six Samurai deck based on the new banlist. Just wanna see your opinions. Smile

List

Spoiler:

Image:

Spoiler:

Thanks Smile
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 45-0-54

New Six Samurai (March) 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: New Six Samurai (March)   New Six Samurai (March) Icon_m11Sun May 12, 2013 2:22 pm
couple things; 1, you don't need more than 1 elder of the six, he's just there as a cyber dragon to pre-empt solemn warning, thunder king, and whatnot, and give you bushido faster. On his own, he's a dead draw, I'd drop 1 of him and 2 kageki (for the exact same reason) and replace with 2 Legendary Six Samurai-Enishi and 1 Six Samurai-Irou (since you're not favoring the mizuho/hand of the six combo). 2, 3 Musakani magatama is way too much, variate the way you deal with destruction, otherwise you're just putting space bait out there. I'd go 1 musakani, 1 starlight road, and change it up with a 2nd D Prison. That would boost your removal options, as well as justify running a Stardust Dragon in place of that 2nd Daigusto Emeral (who isn't all that impressive in the deck, way too weak to get more than 1 use out of him) All in all, a pretty decent build, but definitely needs some work.

your side deck is severely outdated. Maxx "C" isn't very effective in this meta, and though sams DO exhaust hand advantage early game, this can be mitigated by simply running a copy of spirit of the six. No need to stymie your hand with cards that most decks aren't afraid of. A deck that WOULD give you enourmous plus from Maxx "C" is going to win the turn it goes off, anyways. I suggest keeping tech at a 2x each, to leave room for more variation. The top 2 decks in the OCG, and therefore, the most dangerous, are spellbooks and E Dragons, therefore your side deck should reflect this. Imperial Iron Wall, Droll & Lock Birds, Soul Drains, D Fissure, Thunder King Raioh, all are essential side decks for samurai to keep competitive. As it stands, you would not be able to handle the overpowering summons from E Dragons, and Spellbooks simply wouldn't even let you get started. Your side decking needs to be capable of shutting them down, or at least deflecting them long enough to let you get your board presence online. Most common sides against these decks work for multiple matchups, too. I suggest you research carefully, as you WILL see these two decks in competitive play.

Last edited by cagethedarkmaster on Fri May 17, 2013 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 125

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: New Six Samurai (March)   New Six Samurai (March) Icon_m11Sun May 12, 2013 6:01 pm
Not running Maxx C in this E Dragon dominated meta is silly.
Salik

Salik

Team : Anteiku

Duel Season : 7-0-12

Duel Career : 194-0-91

YGOPro Name : Salik

Team Wars Gold
Squire
Battle Arena Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: New Six Samurai (March)   New Six Samurai (March) Icon_m11Sun May 12, 2013 10:21 pm
make space for reinforcement of the army in main deck... cut 1 musakani for a second d prison... id also try fit 1 starlight road but thats up to you... its a heavy back row deck so yeah.. (dont forget to add SDD in extra deck if u do). Also make space for gagaga cowboy in your extra deck, its too good lol and using it to get game is just fun in general.
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: New Six Samurai (March)   New Six Samurai (March) Icon_m11Sun May 12, 2013 11:51 pm
I wouldn't listen to cage.

Personally, I run Magatama at 2, Double-Edged Sword Technique at 3 (credit goes to Antei) for more easy graveyard synchro/XYZ. Make room for BRD and Mist Wurm. Volcasaurus is also a possibility and can make unexpected turnarounds.

Add 2 Puppet Plant for the mirror, it's a must because if you don't it's whoever has turn 1 wins. Soul Drain and Mental Drain for Dragon Lords. Imperial Iron Wall is one of the better anti-meta side cards now, works against the big three: Dragon Lord, Verz (Cercyon) and Spellbooks (Fate, Priestess).

Last edited by NickV on Mon May 13, 2013 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Team : Ultimate Legends

Duel Career : 35-0-70

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: New Six Samurai (March)   New Six Samurai (March) Icon_m11Mon May 13, 2013 7:11 am
I personally dont run ascetism or elder instead i run mizhou and shinai, in other words old school sams. The old school is just as good as a new school version in some cases and this is one of them.

Id take out one of those diagustos for utopia or a gagaga gunman those are too good not to run. and take out a gem knight pearl for a brd maybe. Though this is a personal preference but even a zubaba general will work nicely in this deck. That is only if you run at least 16-27 monsters in the deck so u can draw warriors continously. Reinforcement of the army is a must and warrior returning alive is a must in a sam deck

Your siding choices are efficient but not totally good for todays meta instead of dust tornado add some droll and lock birds and/or imperial iron wall to counter spellbooks and e drags
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: New Six Samurai (March)   New Six Samurai (March) Icon_m11Mon May 13, 2013 9:40 am
Maxx "C" can be run, sure, but not at 3, there's just not enough matchups that you stand to gain momentum against with it to justify running 3 of them. 2 at most, and even then, you're going to find that it isn't all that effective. Too many people play samurai for strong points to go unnoticed, I'm just pointing the commonalities out for you. Good luck with your sams.

Last edited by cagethedarkmaster on Mon May 13, 2013 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Team : None

Duel Career : 2-0-0

YGOPro Name : ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: New Six Samurai (March)   New Six Samurai (March) Icon_m11Mon May 13, 2013 10:48 am
I'm not really sure about Cage's suggestions myself. Dropping to 1 Elder in the Ascetism build is stupid - it essentially turns 2 of the Asceticisms into dead cards. Also, with the wording you used, you implied that running even a single Maxx C is a terrible choice, which I'm pretty sure is a terrible suggestion with Elemental Dragons raping the meta. Diction and syntax is important, or else your message can be distorted.

As for the deck itself, triple Magatama, Kageki, and Kagemusha might be pushing it. I personally find myself drawing Magatama far too often without a Sam on the field. Double Kageki and Kagemusha should be plenty with Gateway, 3 Smoke Signal, 3 Asceticism, and ROTA. Oh, and run ROTA. So in all, changes I would make:

-1 Kagemusha
-1 Kageki
-1 Musakani Magatama

+1 Reinforcement of the Army
+1 LSS Enishi (bouncing white and black cards)
+1 Starlight Road/Huge Revolution is Over

The choice between SLR and Huge Revolution is whether you're running Stardust.

For the Extra, drop the Emerals - both of them. They aren't appreciably useful here. I'd replace with a Cowboy and either Stardust or BRD. Other options could be Utopia if you're into that or some other useful white card you think you can summon with regularity. None come to mind since I'm not in my computer and can't load up Pro.

Now the side. Diversify your options a bit. Triple Maxx C isn't a terrible choice considering the aforementioned ubiquity of Elemental Dragons, but dropping down to 2 could help in terms of opening space for diversity. Same argument can be said about the triple Veiler. I also think Imperial Iron Wall is pretty much a staple side card in this meta, but also some Macro Cosmos or Soul Drains will help against the Graveyard reliance of some lesser-tier decks. Raiohs and Rivalry of Warlords are also good choices. Maybe even some Pachys if you'd like.

Finally, I didn't find Decato's post to be offensive at all. Your writing implied that the OP should drop all Maxx C's, which I think most people would immediately refute. Just because people strongly disagree with your opinions does not mean it is a personal attack against you. I never know why people always take it like that... I have modified Cage's second post to remove personal attacks from it. Please notice how I kept your arguments unedited.

Last edited by ChaosSatella on Mon May 13, 2013 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: New Six Samurai (March)   New Six Samurai (March) Icon_m11Mon May 13, 2013 10:59 am
ChaosSatella, you're neglecting to notice the other items I covered, namely the 1700 set of sams. You claim that with only 1 elder, the other 2 asceticism are dead. seriously? no. just no. elder and kagemusha aren't the only two viable targets for asceticism, in fact, they're the 2 least important targets in the deck altogether. I stand behind my statement that the deck only needs one elder.

I never said anything about him excluding maxx "C" from his side deck, if you in fact, read my advice thoroughly, you'll note that I said it wasn't largely effective, as it usually only gives you a break-even, or at best, a single +1. I also suggested a viable, stronger, alternative that combos off of grandmaster and kizan, 2 of the pivotal components of the deck. Spirit of the Six would serve a sam player better than maxx "C" altogether, but my final advice was and still is to lower the amount of which he is running, and to vary his options for side-decking. Maxx "C" isn't all that impressive in the side deck OR main deck, and while it is a viable play, there are more options that will produce better results.
Hostile

Hostile

Duel Season : 67-0-11

Duel Career : 214-0-93

YGOPro Name : Hostile

Battle Arena Gold
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: New Six Samurai (March)   New Six Samurai (March) Icon_m11Mon May 13, 2013 12:02 pm
Here the best build possible...This is the build to use in a dormtest (no GATEWAY allowed).
If you want to use it beside that just take out The Warrior Returning Alive and replace it by Gateway.

PS: 2 x Maxx "C" in the side.

New Six Samurai (March) XrsGMrj
Okkiru

Okkiru

Team : Crimson Storm

Duel Career : 6-0-1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: New Six Samurai (March)   New Six Samurai (March) Icon_m11Mon May 13, 2013 7:41 pm
Well since it got so far about "Running maxx "C" or no", actually maxx "c" IS a good side, elemental dragons aways need to special summon, and they activate their effect from the hand, so if you chain maxx "C", you will never go -1, and either, or you will go AT LEAST +2, or you will stop his plays, so maxx "C" is a very good side for the format, and running 3 Maxx "C" on the side won't really be a problem.

In the other hand, the Six Samurais itself doesn't seems that good to stop they, however, they do can get a good match up agains't the Spellbooks (Naturia Beast, if they don't have Priestess, good luck getting over it.)

Also like everyone sayd before, you need Reinforcement of the Army (Concistency), BRD and Vulcasaurus, they can decide a game in a deck like this, 2 Puppet plant on the side is also pretty good, it may seems a bit silly but, nstead of the system down you can run Cyber Dragon + Chimeratech to kill Drago-Sack and deal 4000 damage (lol).

Electric Virus is not a bad side too, since it can steal from: E-Dragons, Machine Deck, and even Evilswarms (Ophion), also many other decks, anything that uses Dragons or Machines (Or both, on the E-Dragons case).

Also considering the Evilswarms (Wich won't allow you to special summon high level monsters), running Rivalry of Warlords won't be a bad idea.

---(Since you have this deck on Dueling network, just... E-Dragons... E-Dragons everywhere.)---
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: New Six Samurai (March)   New Six Samurai (March) Icon_m11Fri May 17, 2013 12:00 am
Again, I never said to remove Maxx "C", I simply said that it didn't have a lot of positive matchups, as most (MOST) matchups will net you a break-even or a +1 at best, unless the opponent is stupid enough to push their field presence with no clear win in sight. I didn't say he should not use it, I just cautioned him against relying so heavily on it. I didn't make any mistakes, or write anything incorrectly, the only people who would misinterpret my advice are people too lazy to pay attention to detail. Maxx "C" isn't the problem, his problem is the fact that he's not running a strong enough lineup in the side deck altogether. 3 Maxx "C" simply aren't enough to deal with the meta all on their own. I suggested he run his tech in pairs instead of 3's, simply to give him more space for more options.

ya may as well just lock and end this thread anyways. He spoke with me about my suggested edits the day he posted and hasn't looked back since, so we can assume my advice worked for him.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Six Samurai (March)   New Six Samurai (March) Icon_m11

New Six Samurai (March)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1