HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lightpulsar Not Working

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Lightpulsar Not Working Empty
PostSubject: Lightpulsar Not Working   Lightpulsar Not Working Icon_m11Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:52 pm
So I just had a duel. I had Light Pulsar and Debris Dragon on the field with Red-Eys BMD in the graveyard. I synchro summon Trident Dragon with Debris and Pulsar expecting to resurrect Red-Eyes with Pulsars eff but nothing happened. I've had similar problems before, can someone please explain what is going on?
I've got the replay in case you wanna see it btw.

Thanks. Smile
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Lightpulsar Not Working   Lightpulsar Not Working Icon_m11Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 pm
He wasn't destroyed.
Kenshi

Kenshi

Team : Super Friends

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 6-0-1

Lightpulsar Not Working 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Lightpulsar Not Working   Lightpulsar Not Working Icon_m11Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:18 pm
^ Pretty much that. Pulsar being destroyed needs to be the last thing to happen in the game for his effect to activate. Monsters used for Synchro Summons aren't destroyed.

PostSubject: Re: Lightpulsar Not Working   Lightpulsar Not Working Icon_m11Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm
I am so dumb O.o
LOL but what's the correct term for it? Tributed?
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Lightpulsar Not Working   Lightpulsar Not Working Icon_m11Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:25 pm
No, just "sent to grave".
Kenshi

Kenshi

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Lightpulsar Not Working   Lightpulsar Not Working Icon_m11Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:26 pm
Tributing Lightpulsar won't work either since it isn't classed as destruction. Cards that destroy specifically say so, such as Dark Hole, Mirror Force and Exiled Force.

"Send to the Graveyard" isn't destruction either. Two totally different things.

Last edited by Kenshi on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostSubject: Re: Lightpulsar Not Working   Lightpulsar Not Working Icon_m11Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:30 pm
Damn. I need to go over my terminology. O.o
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Lightpulsar Not Working   Lightpulsar Not Working Icon_m11Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:12 pm
Kenshi wrote:
Tributing Lightpulsar won't work either since it isn't classed as destruction. Cards that destroy specifically say so, such as Dark Hole, Mirror Force and Exiled Force.

"Send to the Graveyard" isn't destruction either. Two totally different things.

He asked what synchroing does with the monsters, which is sending them to the grave.
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Team : None

Duel Career : 2-0-0

YGOPro Name : ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Lightpulsar Not Working   Lightpulsar Not Working Icon_m11Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:22 pm
Lightpulsar doesn't need to "destroyed," just sent from the field to the graveyard. However, Lightpulsar's effect is an Optional Trigger effect, which means that the action of it being sent to the graveyard MUST be the last thing to occur in order to activate its effect. When you use it as a synchro material, the last thing to occur is the summon of the synchro monster (in this case Trident), so Lightpulsar misses the timing. This is why you can use Soul Taker on it and it won't SS a dragon - gaining 1000 LP is the last thing to occur in this case.
Neocryx

Neocryx

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Lightpulsar Not Working   Lightpulsar Not Working Icon_m11Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:24 pm
Actually, you are correct in the sense that Lightpulsar was sent to the graveyard so his effect should activate. However, if you read closely, his effect is "When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can target 1 Level 5 or higher DARK Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target." This "When...can.." clause means the effect can only resolve if it is the last thing to happen. In the cause of tributing Lightpulsar or using it as a synchro material monster, the new monster being summoned is the last thing to happen, causing Lightpulsar's effect to miss timing. This is why cards like Soul Taker and Ryko are sided against Chaos Dragons: to make Lightpulsar miss timing and generate advantage over it.

Edit: Ahh, ninja'd...
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Lightpulsar Not Working   Lightpulsar Not Working Icon_m11Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:51 pm
Yeah I said destroyed as in he needs to be sent away LAST, which is destroyed most of the time, hardly anything else.
Kenshi

Kenshi

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Lightpulsar Not Working   Lightpulsar Not Working Icon_m11Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:07 pm
My bad, I thought Lightpulsar only worked when it's destroyed.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lightpulsar Not Working   Lightpulsar Not Working Icon_m11

Lightpulsar Not Working

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1