Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 0-0-0

YGOPro Name : Dahpretzel1

New To CEA - Tournament Questions 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

New To CEA - Tournament Questions Empty
PostSubject: New To CEA - Tournament Questions   New To CEA - Tournament Questions Icon_m11Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:28 pm
Hey everyone! As you guys can all tell, this is my first post in the CEA forums. The main reason I signed up was to be able to register for the Tournament that begins in a few days. However, after reading the CEA Starter Guide, it doesn't look like that will be possible since I am not in a dorm yet, nor can I PM any of the officials. I'm new to the website, so I'm not exactly sure if there is any way to get into the tournament considering that registration ends in a day or two. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: New To CEA - Tournament Questions   New To CEA - Tournament Questions Icon_m11Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:31 pm
Hey there, welcome to CEA. Every new member is put automatically in the slifer dorm. This is so the testers have time to make their deck for YCC and practice.

You can PM when you've posted twice.
Dahpretzel1

Dahpretzel1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: New To CEA - Tournament Questions   New To CEA - Tournament Questions Icon_m11Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:39 pm
Thanks a bunch NickV. So if I'm content with being in the Slifer Dorm for a little while, I don't have to take a dorm test anytime soon? Perfect! Another quick question about the YCC tournament. I have played on DEV Pro for the longest time now, and just downloaded YGO Pro Percy to practice for the tournament and stuff. Are the two programs the same thing, or are they on different servers? The only reason I ask is because I'm not exactly sure how to specifically host a duel for a specific opponent in YGO Pro once the tournament begins. I want to get caught up on the CEA website and YGO Pro before I accidentally cause trouble or confusion on the website.
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: New To CEA - Tournament Questions   New To CEA - Tournament Questions Icon_m11Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:49 pm
Dahpretzel1 wrote:
Thanks a bunch NickV. So if I'm content with being in the Slifer Dorm for a little while, I don't have to take a dorm test anytime soon? Perfect! Another quick question about the YCC tournament. I have played on DEV Pro for the longest time now, and just downloaded YGO Pro Percy to practice for the tournament and stuff. Are the two programs the same thing, or are they on different servers? The only reason I ask is because I'm not exactly sure how to specifically host a duel for a specific opponent in YGO Pro once the tournament begins. I want to get caught up on the CEA website and YGO Pro before I accidentally cause trouble or confusion on the website.

As a matter of fact, we don't test members untill after the YCC. Razz

YGOpro and Devpro are not the same, they have their own updates and own servers.

I hope this answers everything you need to know (you should even be able to PM now)!
Dahpretzel1

Dahpretzel1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: New To CEA - Tournament Questions   New To CEA - Tournament Questions Icon_m11Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:01 am
Ok, thanks again, this really helped me out! I guess I'll experiment with YGO Pro and try to figure out how to host a match that other people can see. I only know how to join a random match without knowing who my opponent is. I know you can post a note when you host a duel, but I don't know how that would be visible to someone else since its different from DEV Pro in the sense that there is no screen that shows a page of all the avaliable matches
Liyana

Liyana

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Season : 8-0-1

Duel Career : 75-0-48

YGOPro Name : Liyana

YCC Bronze
Order of Chaos
Battle Arena Bronze
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: New To CEA - Tournament Questions   New To CEA - Tournament Questions Icon_m11Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:52 am
Welcome to CEA Smile Good luck
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: New To CEA - Tournament Questions   New To CEA - Tournament Questions Icon_m11Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:54 am
Be sure that you post here http://www.chaosera.org/t5611p96-ycc-registration-open to enter the tournament, as well as PM'ing your deck to one of the assigned judges before the times runs out.

Good luck!
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Career : 32-0-5

YGOPro Name : Sabbaticus

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: New To CEA - Tournament Questions   New To CEA - Tournament Questions Icon_m11Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:14 am
Hey and welcome to CEA Smile

Most of your questions have already been answered, but as for hosting and finding hosted duels on YGOPro I'll explain.

To host a duel, from the main game window select 'Multiplayer'. At the top you can select the server you want to play on. Linux is the automatic match up ranking server. The other 2 allow for custom games and individual hosting. You can pick either Europe or USA, doesn't really matter which, then click the 'Host' button to the right. From here you can put all your settings, all you really need to do is set it to match duel, and put your opponent's name in the 'Host Name' area.

For finding hosted duels... again just go to Multiplayer and chose the server your opponent is hosting on, or any if you're just looking to duel with anyone. Then click 'Refresh'. This will show all the hosted duels on that server along with the host name or any notes.

Hope this helps and you enjoy your stay with us. And good luck in the tournament Smile
Dahpretzel1

Dahpretzel1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: New To CEA - Tournament Questions   New To CEA - Tournament Questions Icon_m11Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:51 am
Thanks a bunch Sabbaticus. I'm sure you have to deal with noobs like me on a daily bases, so I really appreciate your descriptive response. That really helped me out and now I know how to use YGO Pro correctly. Thanks again!
Aang

Aang

Duel Career : 21-0-7

YGOPro Name : Aang

Weekly Bash Gold
Order of Light
2nd Division

PostSubject: Re: New To CEA - Tournament Questions   New To CEA - Tournament Questions Icon_m11Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:56 am
Welcome to CEA.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New To CEA - Tournament Questions   New To CEA - Tournament Questions Icon_m11

New To CEA - Tournament Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1