Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 29-0-24

YGOPro Name : Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
Dovahkiin's Instant Test Results 2ntv8so
1st Division

Dovahkiin's Instant Test Results Empty
PostSubject: Dovahkiin's Instant Test Results   Dovahkiin's Instant Test Results Icon_m11Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:07 pm
Match 1

Gladiator Beast vs Mermails 2:1 5/10 points

Performance: 16/20 points

Duel 1: Turn 1 I summoned Laquari, set 1 and passed. You set a monster and a s/t and passed. I summoned Darius and swung into your fd with Laquari. I used chariot and linde, and I swung with darius for 1700. I use laquari and you respond with maxx C.
I ss Bestiari to pop mst and then ss Equestte to recycle chariot again. Next turn you summoned pike, and I negated dragoon. You swing into bestiary and I book of moon pike. You set sphere and pass. I go into Gyzarus, destroy target your 2 cards and you chain sphere getting leed, nice. Unfortunately for you I was able to make a rank 4 play with tensu + tenki and made maestroke. I got rid of your leed, and used gyzarus to ss Equesste and darius to ss darius. You played salvage and got 2 lindes back. You played sturge and

Duel 2: Turn 7 I would have made sack instead of abyssgaios. Turn 9 you should have suicide with linde and made sack as there would have been no possible way for me to top 1 card to get through sack alone.

Duel 3: No notable misplays. You couldn't play here as Dimensional fissure kept you from playing.

Deck: 15/20 points

Deck is solid.

- Breakthrough Skill +2 Aqua spirit.
- Diva at 1 is a sub-par as it forces you to add synchros to play it and maximize its utility.  I would tech creature swap, fishborg archer, or a add a 3rd copy of aqua spirit.

- Black rose and Catastor if you aren't adding fisghborg archer.
- Crimson Blader

+ Abysstrite, staple @ 2
+ Abyss Dweller
+ Dire Wolf

Match 2

T.G Stun vs Constellar 2:1 3/10 points

Performance: 16/20 points

Duel 1: No notable misplays. Omega and solemn ensured the game here.

Duel 2: Using instant fusion first instead of waiting for kaus to resolve was a misplay.

Duel 3: set 4 is risky when I have noblswarm as an option to nuke ur whole field.

Deck is ok. I would :

- 2 Photon Thrashers
- 2 Algedi
- 1 COTH
-1 XYZ Reborn
-2 Instant Fusion, not needed in constellar.
+ 1 Sheraton
+ 2 Duality (Constellar struggle with consistency)
+2 Safe Zone to have some locks, and protect your key XYZ and plays involving sombre.
+ 2 Mirror Force
+1 Compulse
+1 Book of moon

Total: 69/100

Bonus:

Attitude: +2
Different decks: +3

Grand total points scored: 75/100

You are still in Slifer Red Dorm. You have to work on your new testing decks, and take time before your next test. You've taken a lot of tests when you need time to refresh and make appropriate 2 decks that you are sure will maximize the most use of your decks and put pressure on your tester. Don't be afraid to look at top decks that top real life tournaments. Don't be afraid to net them either and figure out what changes you can make to apply them to the banlist and see what's most effective in the testing environment. Mainly its your deck construction, not so much on your plays. You learn from your mistakes during the test, so that's a good thing.
Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Team : None

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 13-0-6

Duel Career : 43-0-27

YGOPro Name : Dovahkiin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Dovahkiin's Instant Test Results   Dovahkiin's Instant Test Results Icon_m11Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:53 pm
Katana wrote:

Deck is solid.

- Diva at 1 is a sub-par as it forces you to add synchros to play it and maximize its utility.  I would tech creature swap, fishborg archer, or a add a 3rd copy of aqua spirit.

- Crimson Blader

+ Abysstrite, staple @ 2
+ Abyss Dweller
+ Dire Wolf
Breakthrough Skill is just an epic card vs GB(idk why would i take it out , probably side it maybe). Diva is just so awesome to take out , summon diva get marksman and go for catastor in a format that doesn't rely on Dark Attributes is just epic. Crimson Blader is just a great card the fact that i sided veilers which you didn't mention and got no points for that lol ... with veiler i have an easy access to him which is just an epic card , maybe it didn't really help vs GBs but it is still too good to be taken out since merms really die when you acutally manage to launch a successful attack with crimson bladder , especially with no possible infranty , Abysstrite is really really hard to get , getting 3 faceup lvl 3 mermails ain't as easy as it sounds lol , Shark makes abysstrite really easy to summon , having 2 is just a waste of Extra deck(No offence).

Katana wrote:

Deck is ok. I would :

- 2 Photon Thrashers
- 2 Algedi
- 1 COTH
-1 XYZ Reborn
+ 1 Sheraton
+2 Safe Zone to have some locks, and protect your key XYZ and plays involving sombre.
+ 2 Mirror Force
+1 Compulse
+1 Book of moon
Katana wrote:
Don't be afraid to net them either
I can't neglect the fact that i added too many personal techs in mermails but this one i netdecked not 100% tho I found alot and by that i mean ALOT of different Constellar Builds and by far i found this to be the best and I have tested them all and i am really aware of how constellars work the fact that photon thrasher is an easy omega and too good to be taken out really especially when i aim to get omega ASAP.I have no clue why would i play with just 1 algedi . 3 is a staple in every build i seen in my life. The fact that pleidias is at 1 in testing XYZ reborn at 2 is just great to get it back , I'll reconsider that COTH tho , although it helped me in alot of situations. Instant Fusion is just great with constellars for a fast Rank 5(idk why would i side that out).Pot of Duality just don't work well with constellars since i tend to get Omega and a good backrow ASAP , It just stalls me for a turn and giving you more advantage, and with this build i always get a playable hand really ..... Sheratan at 1 is just enough , It's a waste of a normal summon , i don't usually use it except when i am in a tough situation or having honest in hand so i have no clue why would i want to have 2 to have a bigger chance of opening with it.

That's it i think Please reconsider some of the Deck Construction Points(Especially with the constellars) the match ups were really bad for me especially when i faced 2 Anti Meta(Heavy trap decks) and you forgot that i sided in 2 dust tornados in 2nd match as well as veilers in the 1st match..
Katana

Katana

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 29-0-24

YGOPro Name : Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Dovahkiin's Instant Test Results   Dovahkiin's Instant Test Results Icon_m11Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:34 pm
Dovahkiin wrote:
Katana wrote:

Deck is solid.

- Diva at 1 is a sub-par as it forces you to add synchros to play it and maximize its utility.  I would tech creature swap, fishborg archer, or a add a 3rd copy of aqua spirit.

- Crimson Blader

+ Abysstrite, staple @ 2
+ Abyss Dweller
+ Dire Wolf
Breakthrough Skill is just an epic card vs GB(idk why would i take it out , probably side it maybe). Diva is just so awesome to take out , summon diva get marksman and go for catastor in a format that doesn't rely on Dark Attributes is just epic. Crimson Blader is just a great card the fact that i sided veilers which you didn't mention and got no points for that lol ... with veiler i have an easy access to him which is just an epic card , maybe it didn't really help vs GBs but it is still too good to be taken out since merms really die when you acutally manage to launch a successful attack with crimson bladder , especially with no possible infranty , Abysstrite is really really hard to get , getting 3 faceup lvl 3 mermails ain't as easy as it sounds lol , Shark makes abysstrite really easy to summon , having 2 is just a waste of Extra deck(No offence).

Katana wrote:

Deck is ok. I would :

- 2 Photon Thrashers
- 2 Algedi
- 1 COTH
-1 XYZ Reborn
+ 1 Sheraton
+ 2 Mirror Force
+1 Compulse
+1 Book of moon
Katana wrote:
Don't be afraid to net them either
I can't neglect the fact that i added too many personal techs in mermails but this one i netdecked not 100% tho I found alot and by that i mean ALOT of different Constellar Builds and by far i found this to be the best and I have tested them all and i am really aware of how constellars work the fact that photon thrasher is an easy omega and too good to be taken out really especially when i aim to get omega ASAP.I have no clue why would i play with just 1 algedi . 3 is a staple in every build i seen in my life. The fact that pleidias is at 1 in testing XYZ reborn at 2 is just great to get it back , I'll reconsider that COTH tho , although it helped me in alot of situations. Instant Fusion is just great with constellars for a fast Rank 5(idk why would i side that out).Pot of Duality just don't work well with constellars since i tend to get Omega and a good backrow ASAP , It just stalls me for a turn and giving you more advantage, and with this build i always get a playable hand really ..... Sheratan at 1 is just enough , It's a waste of a normal summon , i don't usually use it except when i am in a tough situation or having honest in hand so i have no clue why would i want to have 2 to have a bigger chance of opening with it.

That's it i think Please reconsider some of the Deck Construction Points(Especially with the constellars) the match ups were really bad for me especially when i faced 2 Anti Meta(Heavy trap decks) and you forgot that i sided in 2 dust tornados in 2nd match as well as veilers in the 1st match..
You maindecked breakthrough skill it wasnt part of tour side deck. Skill shouldnt be maindecked. There were staples you were missing aso i cut the "tech" with the staples. The fact that you sided in veilers and are adding in synchros to accomodate it isn't up to par, but since you run ran diva to accomodate it you got a slide for it. In contrary catastor doesnt put in enough work to main 1 card which only allows you to play it vs when diva was @ 3. In fact you take up 2 extra deck spots running diva 1 card.   If you look at the bahamut guide I created you are missing staples. Aqua Spirit and the 2nd trite.  Its not a waste of space you just had lack of soace for running synchrons involving 1 card that doesnt put enough pressure in the game alone at 1. Trite is a 2800 wall that cant be bladered, allows to loop free special summons and if u make the bahamut + mechquipped u get TWO trites enough for you to seal the game against meta decks and definetely in a testing environment. Aqua Spirit, a staple makes rank 4 options including the bahamut shark combo.

I didnt forget you sided dust and veiler, i didnt add everything as my pc froze screen and i had to redo the report a 3rd time. 2nd constellars inst al about who can field XYZ fast. You need to take into account that you didnt constantly field XYZ because you didnt have the cards to keep xyzing and putting pressure on the field. Constellar need these for better setups. I can understand instant fusion because pleaides at 1, but it would be better to maindeck cards increasing what constellar struggle at concistency. In reference to how hard both of your matchups were there were side cards that you had to prevent you from struggling.

GBS are heavil trap reliant. As they cant deal with big monsters on the field well without traps. As you see I had yo use tensu and 2 monsters to field maestroke to get over them.

Chain whirlwind, Royal Decree, Skill Drain all sides to destroy gbs that are common to side in mermails this format. Chain whitlwind works with any atlantean effect activating in a seperate chain then use cw. U can use it when sphere destroys itself on the end phase, and with mst. SKill drain i cant use gb effects. Royal decree no traps for gbs.

For tg constellar can side gozen match, and you didnt side or have it in your side deck. I'd be limited as photon and tkr are light, warwolf dark, rhino earth, striker earth.

Algi hasnt been a staple at 3 as its not a primary constellar as it used to be and replaced with other cards like backrow such as vanity, safe zone etc.
Im looking at my current constellar deck and YCS top decks and they also dont have alg @3. If you could link me what builds you were looking at?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dovahkiin's Instant Test Results   Dovahkiin's Instant Test Results Icon_m11

Dovahkiin's Instant Test Results

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1