Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

Malefic Guide Empty
PostSubject: Malefic Guide   Malefic Guide Icon_m11Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:33 pm
I love Malefics, maybe you guessed but I have a fascination for corruption. Malefic, known as Sin in the OCG, is an archetype of cards which were introduced in Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D Bonds Beyond Time and used by Paradox, and are usually corrupted versions of existing monsters. Most of the Malefic monsters can be special summoned by removing from play the original copy from the Extra/Main deck. You can only have 1 Malefic face-up per turn, works like Earthbounds. Malefic is probably my main deck IRL and they just have so much potential. Anyway, here is the guide, hope this'll clear things out (I saw some bad builds during testing).

Main Cards

Malefic Stardust Dragon(LV 8, Dragon)

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 "Stardust Dragon" from your Extra Deck and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. There can only be 1 face-up "Malefic" monster on the field. Face-up Field Spell Cards cannot be destroyed by effects. Other monsters you control cannot declare an attack. If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the field, destroy this card.

Staple in every Malefic build, instant 2500 beater and is also teched in decks like Dragunity, Dark World, Gravekeeper due to its protection effect. Run from 2-3 depending on whether you run Starlight Road or not.

Malefic Cyber End Dragon(LV 10, Machine)

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing from play 1 "Cyber End Dragon" from your Extra Deck. There can only be 1 face-up "Malefic" monster on the field. Other monsters you control cannot declare an attack. If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the field, destroy this card.

Again, staple in every Malefic build, special summoned straight away from removing a Cyber End Dragon from the Extra Deck. It also has 4000 attack! You all know you want this beast. Run 3.

Skill Drain(Trap)

Pay 1000 Life Points. The effects of all face-up Effect Monsters on the field are negated.

Well... surprise! Another staple. With this face-up, you can special summon a Malefic and it won't be destroyed if you don't have a Field Spell out. Be aware though, you cannot have more than 1 Malefic on the field. Run 3

Terraforming (Spell)

Add 1 Field Spell Card from your deck to your hand

Well... I shouldn't need to explain this. Regardless of whether you run Pure, GK, Machina, Stun, this should be maxed out. Run 3

Dark Bribe (Trap)

When an opponent's Spell or Trap Card is activated: Negate the activation, destroy it, and your opponent draws 1 card

This is one of the few decks Dark Bribe is a staple in, I know there are people who might disagree with me on this but no you are wrong, Malefics needs back-row protection and this is too good not to run. Run 3 in Stun decks, in others it depends on your taste.

Other Cards

Now, I had to debate with myself like a crazy person regarding this. There were many cards that could be considered Main Cards but that really depended on what type of Malefic you were running.

Compulsory Evacuation Device
Pot of Duality
Doomcaliber Knight
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Beast King Barbaros
Card Car D
Geartown
Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon
Necrovalley
Gravekeeper's Commandant
Macro Cosmos
Forbidden Lance
Dimensional Fissure
My Body as a Shield
Royal Tribute
Machina Fortress
Machina Gearframe
Malefic World
Malefic Truth Dragon

Deck Skeleton

I'll post 4 Skeletons: Pure, Machina, Gravekeeper, Stun

Pure Malefic

3 x Malefic Stardust Dragon
3 x Malefic Cyber End Dragon
1 x Malefic Truth Dragon
3 x Malefic World
3 x Terraforming
3 x Skill Drain
1 x Deck Devastation Virus
1 x Eradicator Epidemic Virus

I personally do NOT recommend Pure builds due to them being very inconsistent.

Malefic GK

3 x Gravekeeper's Recruiter
3 x Gravekeeper's Commandant
2 x Beast King Barbaros
2 x Pot of Duality
3 x Necrovalley
2 x Royal Tribute
3 x Skill Drain

Now this is where people may disagree with me which is fine. I generally found either put the GK engine in Malefics for searching or tech Malefics into GK. You can go Spy/Descendant but in that case I would just recommend focusing on the GK aspect.

Malefic Machina

3 x Machina Fortress
3 x Machina Gearframe
2 x Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon
2 x Cardcar D
3 x Geartown
2 x Terraforming
1 x Limiter Removal

It's the new trend of Malefics: I personally don't really like this variant cause to me it feels like Machina with a tech Cyber End, on the other hand, it is fast and consistent.

Sintown

Yes I know it has a name of Malefic Stun but I'm sticking by this name and that's final! :p

2 x Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon
3 x Thunder King Rai-Oh
3 x Doomcaliber Knight
3 x Terraforming
3 x Geartown
2 x Necrovalley
3 x Skill Drain
3 x Dark Bribe

This is how I prefer to run my Malefics, has a heavy stun aspect. Consistent, powerful, but it's not as fast as Machina Malefic.

Weakness

In general Malefic decks only runs 6 Malefics. If you can take them out with backrow, there is not much you have to worry about: while they do run a lot of protection cards, it is manageable. Also they rely on their Field Spells/Skill Drain for their combos, so MST/Dust Tornado against those will give the Malefic user a hard time. On average a Malefic deck will run 14-15 monsters, don't play a grinding game against them, that's what they love.

Side Deck Cards:

Thunder King Rai-Oh
Imperial Iron Wall
Dust Tornado

Hope you enjoy using the power of the corrupted and damned... well maybe not that dramatic but either way, Malefics are an archetype will lots of potential. If I missed anything just leave a comment.
Austin

Austin

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 39-0-14

YGOPro Name : Austin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
Malefic Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Malefic Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Guide   Malefic Guide Icon_m11Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:58 pm
Cool Topic , i hope we see more in the future ^^
AsianGuy1137

AsianGuy1137

Team : Super Friends

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 9-0-8

Malefic Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Malefic Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Malefic Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Guide   Malefic Guide Icon_m11Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:48 pm
3 Terraforming's too much, it'll often be a dead draw. I personally find the perfect ratio to be 3-2-1 with the 2 being Geartown. The GK Stun build should just use 3 Necrovalley and 2 searchers alongside Cardcar D or Geartown.
Zacky

Zacky

Duel Career : 34-0-2

YGOPro Name : Zacky

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
Malefic Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Malefic Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Guide   Malefic Guide Icon_m11Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:39 pm
Nice Deca , but what do u think about Malefic Parallel Gear ?
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 125

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

Malefic Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Guide   Malefic Guide Icon_m11Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:39 am
@ AsianGuy

You need the 3 Terraforming in most builds, not running 3 is like saying 'I will run 2 rabbit instead of 3 because sometimes its a dead draw'. In a deck that relies on the field spell like Malefics, not running 3 is stupid. (This is from experience with Malefics)

@ Zacky

Only run that in a pure build: but even then I don't' like it because it relies on having Malefic World up.
AsianGuy1137

AsianGuy1137

Duel Career : 9-0-8

Malefic Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Malefic Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Malefic Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Guide   Malefic Guide Icon_m11Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:14 am
Really? From experience? So you recommend running up to 9 Field Spells? Alright, be my guest. I won't tell you how to run Malefics then...

And to be blunt, that's a terrible analogy. Many decks were already running 2 Rabbits pre-rotation with 3rd being dead often. A better analogy would be like like running all 9 gadgets...
Nichigo

Nichigo

Duel Career : 94-0-22

Battle Arena Silver
Squire
Malefic Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Malefic Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Guide   Malefic Guide Icon_m11Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:22 am
^^Nobody ran 2 Rabbit when it was still @ 3. That would have been insane.

I think the number of terraforming depends on the build. I could see running 3 in a build that didn't run Commandants or other search methods. There's a balance though. Having almost a quarter of the deck being field spells/searches for field spells can be cloggy....
ShadowServer

ShadowServer

Duel Career : 15-0-9

Malefic Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Malefic Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Malefic Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Guide   Malefic Guide Icon_m11Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:00 am
I remember reading about a Malefic GK deck topping a YCS awhile ago, here's the decklist they used.

1 Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon
1 Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
3 Gravekeeper's Commandant
3 Gravekeeper's Descendant
3 Gravekeeper's Recruiter
3 Gravekeeper's Spy
3 Malefic Cyber End Dragon
2 Malefic Stardust Dragon

1 Dark Hole
3 Geartown
1 Giant Trunade
1 Gravekeeper's Stele
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Necrovalley
1 Nobleman of Crossout
1 Nobleman of Extermination

1 Deck Devastation Virus
2 Dimensional Prison
1 Mirror Force
2 Skill Drain
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Torrential Tribute
Facial_Hair

Facial_Hair

Duel Career : 4-0-4

Malefic Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Malefic Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Malefic Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Guide   Malefic Guide Icon_m11Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:36 am
AsianGuy1137 wrote:
Really? From experience? So you recommend running up to 9 Field Spells? Alright, be my guest. I won't tell you how to run Malefics then...

And to be blunt, that's a terrible analogy. Many decks were already running 2 Rabbits pre-rotation with 3rd being dead often. A better analogy would be like like running all 9 gadgets...

I run all 9 Gadgets in my Machina deck, wanna duel?

BTW Decato wouldn't have made this guide if someone was going to tell him how to run Malefics. He has experience..didn't you read that?
Sponsored content

Malefic Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Guide   Malefic Guide Icon_m11

Malefic Guide

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1