Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 0-0-10

Learning in the darkness #1 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Learning in the darkness #1 Empty
PostSubject: Learning in the darkness #1   Learning in the darkness #1 Icon_m11Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:43 pm
There where we born
These only hope when we hold our weapon
There where we live
Only fighting is the options
There where we die
We hold all the honor we have win
So fight until the end!

The born of a king, page 1

Hi everyone, this is the first personal class I post in this forum. As I asked to the teachers, I will post each week somes personal class where we will learn some interesting things Smile
Each of my post will be split in 3 parts: Combo, Card and Myth
Combo will talk about special combos and deck we can make, some riscky and maybe you don't want to play it, or powerfull combo we will be able to make and crush the opponent! Sometime, I will test them before post it, so you might help me perfect it Very Happy
Card will talk about an interessing card you might know or not. In all case, you will learn more about, and might be able to make good deck and combo! That will be very interessing to know about, and maybe you can learn me more too ^.^
Myth is an interessing talking about a card that not exist in the OCG. I will talk about the maybe reason this should don't come out, or why he should be. The interessing fact in this card and the powerfull combos we can make. Interessing, right? Smile

Well, enougt introduction, lest start! Smile

Combo

This week, I will talk about a deck style called Synchron! And yes, who wouldn't know that style? That was the style of Yusei Fudo, my favorite protagonist ^^. This deck is specialized in fast summoning of weak monster to summon powerfull monster via synchro. We can play synchron in many way. We can do fast summon to suprise the opponent and summon a powerfull monster, or we can play more defence, defending our monster and after synchro summon to use effect monster like Junk Destroyer to destroy as many card as possible. But there is something about been fast, you must be cautious, because cards like Solemn Warning can put an end to your synchro, and that make that your monster cannot be summoned from the graveyard. Cards like Dark Bride can save your synchro, or you can simply use a loved card of mine, Trap Stun Smile. Use this if you feel your opponent prepare a trap to stun you, so stun him before!
Learning in the darkness #1 300px-SteamSynchron-DE04-JP-ScR
Synchro summoning is fun, some monster exist to synchro summon during your opponent turn, and so you give a dawn suprise Razz. But there is something we have never tried (but maybe some have do it!): Do you have even synchro summon during your opponent turn... and using the monster of your opponent to do it! Why not?! Suprise your opponent by doing a synchro summon with the monster he as just summoned! So you can broke a combo he would try to do. And even, King Rai-Oh is annoying? Well, use it for your own advantage!. But how to do it? Right now, we have only 2 monsters who is able to do this, and it's formula synchron and steam synchron.
Learning in the darkness #1 300px-SynchroMaterial-DP10-EN-SR-1E
These two will be your most usefull for a combo like this. And there is some card for a good use to do this: Synchro Material and Enemy Controller. I tried to make a combo like this, who have result as a fail --'. The combo is this, summon at least 2 steam synchron and a non tuner monster, maybe a quillbot hedgeog (seriously, who will say this monster is not usefull in a synchro deck! Razz ), set synchro material and end your turn. Wait until your opponent summon and after, synchro summon a monster, like hyper librarian, after, use synchro material and synchro summon an another by using your opponent monster! so, you synchro summon 2 monster... but during your opponent turn, and this maybe without trapping you. You may even attack after his turn!
Learning in the darkness #1 300px-EnemyController-BP01-EN-C-1E
The other thing is using enemy controller. This should be less hard than synchro material. You just have to summon steam synchron and an another monster. After, set enemy controller and end your turn. Wait you opponent have summoned and use enemy controller to tribute your monster and take control of his monster. After use Steam Synchron to synchro summon!

If this combo work?... That sound logic, but tell me if it's not Smile
rade775

rade775

Team : None

Duel Career : 28-0-47

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Learning in the darkness #1   Learning in the darkness #1 Icon_m11Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:15 am
Good read, I remember you tried to use that steam synchron and synchro material in the test ;P and it didnt work cause you didn't sycnhro summon that turn. I think this combo could definetley be a surprise if it worked Razz, but i think it is too inconsistent
cecko0o0o0o0o0

cecko0o0o0o0o0

Team : Genesis

Duel Career : 100-0-68

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Learning in the darkness #1   Learning in the darkness #1 Icon_m11Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:09 am
Well , this is a most likely dead combo . You'r just wasting cards like tributing your monster with enemy controler , a week monster ( Steam synchron ) that will stay face-up on the field and even Synchro Material . Those card(s) are usually a waste of space , due to the lack of synchrons of swarming the field and even making Quasar in 1 turn .
Also as an add to the guide , i believe you missed another card that can synchro summon during the opponenets turnt - Urgent Tuning .
Darkanen

Darkanen

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Learning in the darkness #1   Learning in the darkness #1 Icon_m11Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:09 pm
cecko0o0o0o0o0 wrote:
Well , this is a most likely dead combo . You'r just wasting cards like tributing your monster with enemy controler , a week monster ( Steam synchron ) that will stay face-up on the field and even Synchro Material . Those card(s) are usually a waste of space , due to the lack of synchrons of swarming the field and even making Quasar in 1 turn .
Also as an add to the guide , i believe you missed another card that can synchro summon during the opponenets turnt - Urgent Tuning .

Well first, even if that fill your field, that can be helpfull. Let me explain, it's not only usefull to get rid of opponent monster, but you can also synchro before your opponent set traps to get rid of your synchro. If you opponent summon a monster like cyber dragon, use enemy controller to take him and synchro stardust.
Even more, a lvl 4 monster and you get out black rose dragon, so empty his field. That may be a risky combo, but that can suprise AND own.

Oh! And yes, I forgot about Urgent Tuning. I add it during my test, but never get it, so I forgot this one ^^. That can be usefull too, but get suprised if you fight vs Ancient Gear Deck or something trapping your trap card during the battle phase. but it's a card we can use ^^
Darkanen

Darkanen

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Learning in the darkness #1   Learning in the darkness #1 Icon_m11Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:53 pm
Card
Learning in the darkness #1 300px-AbyssDweller-ABYR-EN-SR-1E

Name : Abyss Dweller
Attribute : Water
Type : Sea Serpent
Level/Rank : 4
Atk : 1700
Def: 1400
Effect:
2 Level 4 monsters
While this card has an Xyz Material attached that was originally WATER, all WATER monsters you control gain 500 ATK. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; any card effects that activate in your opponent's Graveyard cannot be activated this turn.

Since Abyss Rising have come out not long ago, why not talk of a card we don't have know his existence long before the coming of the booster pack. A new card to add in the big number of Water XYZ Monster. But this one is really interessing. Even if his original ATK is low for a XYZ of rank 4, his effect make him much more powerfull! First of all, all water gain 500 atk. That suppose that this card is used for a water deck. With this effect, he start with already 2200 atk! Combine this with water deck, you can make Atlantean Poseidra with 500 more ATK! This show how much this card is much powerfull.
Also, you can use it with all other kind deck who you can use xyz, but you will not get his first effect if you don't have summon him with Water Material. So, why use him in an other deck? Even if he is less powerfull than Gem Knight Pearl and all, his second effect make him much more usefull than you think. During either player turn, you can detach a material to do as card effect in your opponent graveyard cannot be activated. This effect make me think of End Of Anubis (who don't remember this card..........)
Vs Synchron, T.G., Zombie, and many and many deck, this effect can be troublesome for the opponent! Imagine this vs a T.G. Stun Deck...
Oh! And you will be happy... this card work very well vs... Dark World!

A other think to see in this card... his name and apparence don't remember you a hold monster?... Surely him!

Learning in the darkness #1 300px-TheDragonDwellingintheDeepABPF-EN-SR-1E

If you see his effect, you will see that it is not so much different of the XYZ. He is even the same level than the rank of the XYZ, same ATK and DEF, and all! Surely that Konami wanted to remake his hold monsters into XYZ, because it's not the first time! Gagagigo The Risen is an example.

So if you have something to say about this card, we are open Razz
Darkanen

Darkanen

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Learning in the darkness #1   Learning in the darkness #1 Icon_m11Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:59 pm
Myth

Sorry for been late to do it ^^
This week,I will talk about a card from the manga of 5D's

Learning in the darkness #1 300px-FlashingCaratDragonStardust-JP-Manga-5D

Name: Flashing Carat Dragon - Stardust
Atk: 2500 Def: 2000
Effect:
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 card on the field; this turn, it cannot be destroyed.

Well well well... we have here a new stardust! But this one work differently than the normal one. This card as been used by Yusei Fudo in the manga, as a switch to Stardust Dragon. Even if his atk and def is exactly like Stardust Dragon, Flashing Carat Dragon as an effect more intriguing. His effect make him, or an another card, completely indestructible, and there is the difference. This card protect only 1 card, but Stardust Dragon protect more than 1 card, but not from the battle. With this effect, you can be protected from many things, like dark hole and all. Better, you can use it with a TT to make as all your opponent monsters is destroyed, so you get a free direct attack, and no mirror force or anything of destruction. But, this card is not protected by banish effect and other card effect, like Dark End Dragon, but you don't have to send him to the graveyard to activate his effect, so your card will be safe from monster reborn ><
This card effect make me a little laught, because well... you can target everything on the field, so you make a spell or trap... indestructible by battle?! Razz
Unless a spell can attack an another spell........ This effect can make must confusion about Smile

If this card will be in OCG/TCG? Why?
Well, to be honest, I would think no in the first time, but when I have see Void Ogre Dragon appear, who is, like Flashing Carat Dragon, a Duel Dragon from the manga, I was thinking a little. Why go out an another Stardust Dragon?...

Then, here come my answer, because maybe this card shouldn't be in my myth section.

Learning in the darkness #1 Flashi10

Suprised? Like myself, because now I really think it will come out. his effect have apparently changed, so that should make him more logic. I truly love his artwork, and I can't wait to put it to my dragunity deck Very Happy
Apparently, this card will come out in japan with the next ride of the manga, the 4 december, so prepare to wait for long...
Well, this card is so interessing, than it will be my next subject for the next class!

Thank you to have read my special class, and leave a comment if you like it ^^
pacading

pacading

Team : Trojan

Duel Career : 1-0-0

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Learning in the darkness #1   Learning in the darkness #1 Icon_m11Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:00 am
O.O Another variant of my Soul Card!?!?!? Gimme.....
Darkanen

Darkanen

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Learning in the darkness #1   Learning in the darkness #1 Icon_m11Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:50 am
like me, an another version of my favorite and spirit card Very Happy
pacading

pacading

Team : Trojan

Duel Career : 1-0-0

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Learning in the darkness #1   Learning in the darkness #1 Icon_m11Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:01 am
Too bad I can only use the original stardust through Starlight Road XD
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learning in the darkness #1   Learning in the darkness #1 Icon_m11

Learning in the darkness #1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1