Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 32-0-5

YGOPro Name : Sabbaticus

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

Featured Card #13: Overworked Empty
PostSubject: Featured Card #13: Overworked   Featured Card #13: Overworked Icon_m11Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:26 am

Featured Card #13: Overworked 1yjtk4

Overworked (Trap, Normal)
Destroy each monster whose ATK is higher than its original ATK.

Welcome everyone, to another Featured Card.

This week we'll be looking at an older card given more usefulness due to newly released cards and archtypes. It is for the most part a side deck card, so we'll be looking at how it counters, and how effective it is.

Ok so unlike most side decks, Overworked doesn't really cover a range of decks. In fact, it kind of only hits 2 decks in particular, Fire Fists and Inzektors. However, both are dangerous enough to warrant siding just for them, and Overworked fulfills it's usefulness there very nicely.

On the one hand we have Inzektors. Every single Inzektor play will involve equipping to either destroy or increase level. When doing this, the two cards that are generally going to be equipped (Hornet and Ladybug) also increase the attack. This means that activating Overworked after they make their play will destroy whatever is equipped going one for one and in most cases effectively ending their strategy and play there. Destroying the monster will also not trigger any effects except in the case where Inzektor Sword - Zektkaliber is equiped, in which case they'll still get to add an Inzektor back to their hand. I wouldn't say Overworked is the most effect side against Inzektors, but the one for one destruction, countering their play, and taking away their normal summon which Inzektors are pretty reliant on, is very useful.

Then we have the main deck to side for... Fire Fists. Fire Fists were recently released in Cosmo Blazer, but online we have the full force of them with access to Chicken, and the new Fire Fist support. This puts them at tier 1 status online and there's not that much to side against these guys in comparison to other decks. On the one hand you have Forbidden Lance, and Fairy Wind, both very effective, but since this review is about Overworked, lets see how effective it is. Every single Fire Fist spell trap will increase attack, be it their search spell, double summon spell, Lance-like trap, or power up trap. The deck functions mainly on having these cards out, with the most explosive play being with Choten and Chicken, able to loop and swarm with Tensu. What this means is you can wait till battle phase and one-sidely nuke their monsters. The reason this is effective is because Fire Fists rely on 1-2 normal summons, and having done that, Overworked just destroys everything hey had and ends their play there, leaving a clear field to run into (Marksman or OTK with Megalo comes to mind). I should note that it is best to wait till battle phase to active in case they have a Tenken which will protect one of their monsters, unless they try activate Tenken before trying to attack in which case you can just chain, so win-win.

I'd like to talk about some drawbacks or things to look out for, outside of Tenken. Most Fire Fists generally run Starlight Road, some even more than 1. With this in mind, be weary of activating Overworked when destroying 2 or more of their monsters, they can SLR you and turn your counter into a better play for them. I would suggest keeping your MST's for cards you don't know (most of their backrow gets revealed or is otherwise face up so there's few unknown backrow), to potentially hit Prisons and SLR, and safely attack or clear their field or backrow with Fairy Wind or Overworked.

Rulings (all credit to Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia)

Card Trivia (all credit to Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia)

With Fire Fists becoming alot more popular and receiving even more support, and of course being the top tier threat that they are with not much to counter, Overworked will see alot more play in helping to turn the tables. With that, any thoughts, questions, or additions are welcome!

Discuss!
Okkiru

Okkiru

Team : Crimson Storm

Duel Points : 100

Duel Career : 6-0-1

Featured Card #13: Overworked 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Featured Card #13: Overworked   Featured Card #13: Overworked Icon_m11Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:28 am
A Very nice side deck card, since so many decks are running 3 tenki's now, it can counter even more decks than the expected.
Azi

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Career : 50-0-57

YGOPro Name : Azi

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Featured Card #13: Overworked   Featured Card #13: Overworked Icon_m11Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:36 am
You really don't know how happy you've just made me now that i know about this card.

my life is complete
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Featured Card #13: Overworked   Featured Card #13: Overworked Icon_m11Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:52 am
I generally tend to side Spell-Shattering Arrow against FF, I'll play around with this one though.
EternalBelgarath

EternalBelgarath

Duel Career : 45-0-51

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Featured Card #13: Overworked   Featured Card #13: Overworked Icon_m11Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:19 pm
your welcome Azi
cecko0o0o0o0o0

cecko0o0o0o0o0

Team : Genesis

Duel Career : 100-0-68

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Featured Card #13: Overworked   Featured Card #13: Overworked Icon_m11Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:23 pm
Now this is a card I've had ( IRL with lots of copys ) from it's release in which I never found use to . Nice review Sabb ! Was wondering , if there was actually even a card to side vs Fire Fist .

Azi wrote:
You really don't know how happy you've just made me now that i know about this card.

my life is complete

Didn't I tell you about Mushroom Man ?
Pride

Pride

Team : -

Duel Career : 12-0-13

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Featured Card #13: Overworked   Featured Card #13: Overworked Icon_m11Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:32 pm
True would really work against fire fist although i think that winged kuriboh would make a better card of the week
DarkMadzishN

Duel Season : 2-0-0

Duel Career : 122-0-71

YGOPro Name : DarkMadzishN

YCC Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Featured Card #13: Overworked   Featured Card #13: Overworked Icon_m11Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:53 pm
all i can say is : DIE FIREFIST DIE!

do you even realize how many ppl u helped (including me) because of this card?Very Happy

Imagine activating that , destroying their monsters then activate "Fairy Wind".. instant death to their tensus and others :p
Austin

Austin

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 39-0-14

YGOPro Name : Austin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Featured Card #13: Overworked   Featured Card #13: Overworked Icon_m11Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:06 pm
i did know about this card way before it is posted in here Razz
next card , if sabb let me choose one , i will tell you guys about a nice card to counter spelbooks
Katana

Katana

Team : Tricksters

Duel Career : 29-0-24

YGOPro Name : Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Featured Card #13: Overworked   Featured Card #13: Overworked Icon_m11Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:10 pm
mouzou wrote:
i did know about this card way before it is posted in here Razz
next card , if sabb let me choose one , i will tell you guys about a nice card to counter spelbooks

Do you always have to make a negative comment? Who cares if u saw it before? All that matters is the effort put into the post, and the many people who will learn from something so simple, yet so complex. Good job Sabb.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Featured Card #13: Overworked   Featured Card #13: Overworked Icon_m11

Featured Card #13: Overworked

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1