Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

Retest results: yarintheslayer Empty
PostSubject: Retest results: yarintheslayer   Retest results: yarintheslayer Icon_m11Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:19 pm
REPLAYS: http://www.sendspace.com/file/z1y20s

Match 1

Blackwing vs Harpies 2:1 - 5/10 points

Performance: 14/20 points

Duel 1: Summoning Harpie Channeler right after using Pot of Duality. Not even trying to bluff with any of your spells. You also should've stopped special summoning since you had a big wall on your field. XYZ'ing and then even summoning tokens +2'd me.

Duel 2: Nothing I can say.

Duel 3: That sided Pachycephalo is not going to do anything on it's own. When you reborned your Cyber Harpie Lady, you should have attacked Rai-Oh (since you had the 2000 attack and you destroyed Hysteric Sign!) and after that use Elegant Egotist to search Harpie Dancer, discard Dancer and be able to XYZ to anything you would think you'd need. By not attacking before activating Elegant Egotist, you had to destroy your own field and be forced to XYZ to get over Rai-Oh, who just sacrifices itself to get rid of it anyway. This meant game.

Deck: 15/20 points

You're not going to need 3 Lightning Plovers in your deck, -1 and add Sylphene, the Cold Bird Beast. Swallow's Nest isn't that good imo. It's a cool tech but it also -1's you on using it and is only useful if you are up against an empty field. Also cut atleast one Elegant Egotist. You can recycle the card with Hysteric Sign, even if it's in your graveyard.

Match 2

T.G. Stun vs Fire Fist 2:1 - 5/10 points

Performance: 14/20 points

Duel 1: You could have started by summoning Panther and force me to use something if I had something, then using it to set Tensu. Using it, summoning Bear and use it's effect to get rid of Rai-Oh. Then activating Tenki would've searched and you would be able to direct attack. Instead you wasted Tenki's searching ability. A turn later, you should use Bear's effect to get rid of my face down monster, then attack twice.

Duel 2: You should have special summoned Chicken instead of Spirit when using Horse Prince. SIM would only stop my T.G. Warwolf so that wasn't a good choice.

Duel 3: This time you sided LIM in, which is better but still doesn't really stop the deck. I'm not sure why you would use both LIM and BTH either. Activating BTH alone would've been enough and I wouldn't know what LIM would be. Let me fear 3 traps instead of 2.

Deck: 16/20 points

The deck looks good but I wouldn't use Heavy Storm in this deck. It sets a LOT from the deck. Instead, max MST. As for your extra deck, you won't need more than 1 of Blast God Vulcan, Cardinal Commander and Lion Emperor. This opens up spots for cards like Blackship of Corn and Shockmaster. Even Zenmaines and Temtempo would be better choices.

Total: 69/100

Bonus:

Attitude: +2
Different decks: +3

Grand total points scored: 74/100

You'll be staying in Slifer Red a bit longer. Just learn to play more careful; think more about plays and know that the number of cards wins you games, not one strong monster without backup. Force your opponent to go through resources while you build your own and learn combos of the decks you use (specifically the Harpies). You'll rank up without a doubt once you do this.
yarintheslayer

yarintheslayer

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 49-0-46

Weekly Bash Bronze
Squire
Retest results: yarintheslayer 2ntv8so
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Retest results: yarintheslayer   Retest results: yarintheslayer Icon_m11Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:53 pm
I would like to explain, on the first game, true I summoned the channeler after the Pot of duality, but that was a missclick, I wanted to summon the queen, and to be honest, it always happens, so it's not fully a missclick, but not an intended one either.
about game 3, my first priority is always to destroy MY backrow first, so i'll have channeler for the next round,in case you'll activate your trap in response (BTH.. etc.) and no, i'd rather play safe -.-, elegant egotist ONLY searches cyber harpie ladies/sisters, i couldnt summon the dancer with it lol, i should've probably attacked but.. i had to destroy my field spell first.
In my opinion, lightning chidori RULES the deck, swallow nest is a good spellcard since i can get Dark Simorgh pretty easily if I have channeler+pet dragon on the field, and i'd rather disable your ability to put traps/defense position monsters, then to summon big eye and take control of a weak monster. and about the elegant egotists, im using daigutso emeral, to recycle the harpie ladies, so I think 3 is good.

About the first firefist game, true i couldve done other things, but i just needed to kill raioh and wasn't thinking properly, nothing I can say about that game.
the second game, I told you I missclicked with the Spirit/Chicken, I'm well aware of how to play that combo, I'm really not stupid enough to special summon spirit. and about the siding, im not familiar with that deck, i just mostly looked at their attributes, and for some reason i thought that'd be good, my bad with that.
the third game, i have nothing to talk about, it was bad, worst hand i've had in a very, very long time, the only 2 monsters i drew were the worthless spirits which i could not use since i had NOTHING in my graveyard.
i use heavy storm because facedowns ALWAYS freak out, i may be able to not summon at all if i see 2+ facedowns on the field, im just using it so i'll be able to use my comboes without being too worried about your facedowns. about the beast god vulcan, I consider his effect really good since I can recycle the Tenki with that, and return one of your cards to the hand.

again, i wanna say that i've only been playing for 3 months now, its true i play a little bit too fast, and im not thinking carefuly, what i really dont like is someone stopping my harpie combo (always when i summon a channeler and their field spell is on, i get BTH'D, i dont like summoning channeler when the field is on).

I hope i'll do better next time.
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 32-0-5

YGOPro Name : Sabbaticus

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Retest results: yarintheslayer   Retest results: yarintheslayer Icon_m11Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:55 am
Dorm Unchanged, Tester DP Awarded, Member DP Deducted & Thread Locked!
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retest results: yarintheslayer   Retest results: yarintheslayer Icon_m11

Retest results: yarintheslayer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1