Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 0-0-2

OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End Empty
PostSubject: OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End   OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End Icon_m11Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:31 pm
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen. I am your host, soon-to-be Pharmacist, Obscurum Mutteria and welcome to my first "Obscurum's Banned Card of the Week". Welcome today's infamous guest!!

OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End ChaosEmperorDragon-EnvoyoftheEndDR2-EN-UR-UE

Name - Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End
Attribute - DARK
Level - * * * * * * * *
Type - Dragon/Effect
Attack - 3000
Defense - 2500
Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard. You can pay 1000 Life Points to send all cards in both players' hands and on the field to the Graveyard. Inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each card that is sent to the Graveyard by this effect.

... Oh... My... Gott... I hate you so much... I really... really... really hate you so frigging much... with Yata Garasu... So much... So much frigging hate...

This card with Black Witch of the Forest and Sangan would allow you to plus like crazy over your opponent while also searching for Yata-Garasu to form an infinite lock until their life points burned to 0. Most of the time someone simply scoops at this point. Now, I know what you are thinking... "BUT OBSCURUM YOU WEREN'T AROUND FOR THIS! HOW CAN YOU HATE IT?"... Well... A friend of mines used this deck for fun in 2011, and it was so annoying. The lock has lead me to a vow of never using CED for any reason even for fun, and I am sticking with it. While this is personal biased feelings, I am certain most here who experienced this card in action do not wish to ever see him off the banlist and I mean EVER.

It has fairly decent stats allowing it to mow over a lot of cards and easy summoning conditions... and... Oh! What's this? It says "SEND" not "DESTROY"... Well, I'm bloody screwed aren't I? Starlight Road or other anti-destruction cards can do nothing to him. While we do have many counters to this card, it really does not matter as it can see the field in a recent deck build that has the ability to spam the field and overextend. It is the Chaos Dragon/Dragonsworn build, while no longer as broken due to Future Fusion being banned, it is still fast enough to help provide up to 3 beatsticks of over 2400 Attack allowing it to mow over most monsters. And don't let me forget Pulsars effect which can bring this menace back from the grave for a round 2 at your life points. Such a broken combination. It'll even make Seto Kaiba have the weirdest boner right now.(Plus 10 Brownie points if you get the reference)

Obscurum's thoughts: Does this card deserve to be unbanned? FRIG NO!!
Other Individual thoughts: With Chaos Dragons/Dragonsworn evidently being somewhat above decent... Yeah. I don't see this every coming back. And if Konami decides too... Well... SHYET!

Based on how well this segment does, I will conduct another. Feedback and thoughts greatly appreciated.
MrindeK7

MrindeK7

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End   OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End Icon_m11Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:04 am
well this card is very lethal and your opponent could reach at a dead draw if they don't negate the summoning but there are alot of cards that could stop it so..... i think this card should not be banned
Sindrake

Duel Career : 10-0-14

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End   OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End Icon_m11Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:16 am
suff like this cant be posted with out admin permission and you need to be in blue drom to do as well
Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End   OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End Icon_m11Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:45 am
I agree with MrindeK7 It shouldnt be banned. But I think I would swap out emperor with BLS Envoy cause IMO I think that BLS should still be banned and emp not be banned.
Kenshi

Kenshi

Team : Super Friends

Duel Career : 6-0-1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End   OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End Icon_m11Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:54 am
Derpy Hooves wrote:
I agree with MrindeK7 It shouldnt be banned. But I think I would swap out emperor with BLS Envoy cause IMO I think that BLS should still be banned and emp not be banned.

Not sure if serious... or joking.
Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End   OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End Icon_m11Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:02 am
I'm serjoking. Serious and joking.
Obscurum

Obscurum

Team : No Team Affiliation

Duel Career : 0-0-2

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End   OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End Icon_m11Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:14 am
Sindrake wrote:
suff like this cant be posted with out admin permission and you need to be in blue drom to do as well

I have previously posted a similar topic on Dark Magician of Chaos, mines are not "OFFICIAL" like Decato's. So I am not certain why even tell me that. If the admins have an issue with me posting these, I would have heard from them, but as far as it goes. I will probably post another.

Thank you everyone for your input. And whoever says this card deserves to be limited is obviously a Witch. Burn the witch! :T
Rai-Jinn

Rai-Jinn

Team : None O.O

Duel Career : 12-0-9

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End   OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End Icon_m11Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:30 am
Obscurum wrote:
Sindrake wrote:

I have previously posted a similar topic on Dark Magician of Chaos, mines are not "OFFICIAL" like Decato's. So I am not certain why even tell me that. If the admins have an issue with me posting these, I would have heard from them, but as far as it goes. I will probably post another.

Thank you everyone for your input. And whoever says this card deserves to be limited is obviously a Witch. Burn the witch! :T
Ill set the Furnace lolz

envoy of the End deserves to be banned...game changer as hell..i sure dont miss all those Yata-garasu + Envoy End Lock lolz
rade775

rade775

Team : None

Duel Career : 28-0-47

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End   OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End Icon_m11Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:00 am
This is basically a much cheaper version of Sky Scourge Norleras with an extra damage and without the card draw
AsianGuy1137

AsianGuy1137

Team : Super Friends

Duel Career : 9-0-8

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End   OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End Icon_m11Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:40 am
People who say this card should not be banned are either very bad at the game or have never played while this card was unbanned...

Seriously, this card is a freaking JD with burn and almost laughable summoning restrictions. So what if there are ways to stop this card? There are ways to stop any card, but the key point isn't whether or not the method exists. It's whether or not it can be done consistently. In the case of this card, the game revolves around who just lucksacks the most and brings it out first for GG.
Darkanen

Darkanen

Duel Career : 0-0-10

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End   OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End Icon_m11Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:28 pm
This card... as been my first banned card I have never received...

This card as been the ultimate card of my most terrifying traditionnal deck...

I love too much this card Smile
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 45-0-54

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End   OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End Icon_m11Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:29 pm
you're not cool if you don't have your own yata lock deck, waiting in the wings for the day when konami fails epically, and let's them come back out to play.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End   OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End Icon_m11

OBCotW #1: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1